Johari Africa is a social enterprise under the economic empowerment program at Amani Women Center, Inc. Johari Africa is Swahili for Jewels of Africa. Using authentic African fabric, recycled paper, coconut shells and beading that reflect local culture; these Eco-Friendly artisan crafted products create jobs and fair wages for these hard working African women. For every piece of jewelry and apparel sold, the money is reinvested in the community and helps sustain their homes but mostly support their children’s education. As stated by one of these talented women, “Selling this jewelry empowers the community by educating the future generation.”
Support Refugee Women Sewing Masks
Amani Women Center Masks
1. Masks have sewn-in filters - Natural 100% organic
2. Masks are reversible with adjustable ear loops
3. Made according to Emory and CDC Health Care Guidelines
4. Fabric is 100% cotton - 3 layer masks.
5. All fabrics are washed and sanitized
6. Washable - Wash and dry them daily!
Help purchase items directly from our Amazon Wish List!
Also, if you shop through AmazonSmile and select the Amani Women Center as your charity, 0.5% of your total eligible purchases will be donated to us!
We are in need of the following:
- Instructors / Teachers - for foundation class (Part-time accepted)
- Instructors / Teachers - for training on industrial/commercial machines - (Part-Time Accepted)
- Instructors / Teachers to teach alterations (Part-Time Accepted)
- ESL Teachers / Volunteers
- General Assistance
Amani Sewing Academy exists to enhance the lives of Clarkston refugee women through social interaction, where English language, financial literacy, sewing and sewing business skills are shared. To sponsor a refugee woman / student, fill out the sponsorship form and submit your donation.