COVID-19 / Emergencies & Public Assistance
In response to Covid-19 and the numerous unmet needs in the community, Amani Women Center (AWC) established a Help Line. The AWC Help Line is available in 10 different African languages and 2 Asian languages. It is supported by Amani Community Ambassadors (ACA). ACA plays a critical role in reaching and educating the community using culturally tailored methodologies. They are best equipped to address cultural nuances, taboos, and myths that are typically barriers for this community to gain access to services that they need. Currently, the ACA's are helping the community through the helpline by:
- Answering covid-19 related questions, especially vaccine questions, via our toll-free helpline.
- Organizing community vaccination events.
- Education, conversations, workshops, and awareness drives about the pandemic.
- Helping with screening and applications for various emergency assistance - Covid-19 pandemic related.
- Assisting applicants and screening for rental and utility assistance.
- Referring refugee community to other covid-19 resources –
- food, utilities, childcare, unemployment, etc.
- Addressing domestic violence situations - providing safety plans.
Child Care Assistance
Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), commonly known as welfare, is the monthly cash assistance program for poor families with children under age 18.
Individuals may apply for Medicaid at Amani Women Center. Medicaid is a program that provides health care services to individuals that meet the requirements for income, resources
SNAP / Food Stamps - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
The Georgia Food Stamp program provides monthly benefits to low-income households to help pay for the cost of food. A household may be one person living alone, a family, or several, unrelated individuals living together who routinely purchase and prepare meals together. Anyone may apply for food stamp benefits. The program helps households that have limited income and resources.
Refugee Wellbeing - Education & Awareness Workshops
- Financial Literacy
- Health Promotion, Care & Navigation
- Counseling / Therapy
- Mental Health
- Breast Cancer - Mammogram appointment scheduling
- Transportation to and from screenings
- Translation & Interpretation
- Referral Services
Translation / Interpretation
AWC is proud to provide affordable, professional, high-quality expert language interpretation and translation services to our clients in non-governmental organizations, charities, and other service partners.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality service and reliability at the most affordable price. AWC will work with your organization directly to provide the best quality service in the most efficient way possible. Please contact us for a free quote for your specific project
Greencard / Permanent Residence / Natulization / Citizenship
AWC provides referral services in low-cost legal counseling and representation in immigration matters. Our referral services include assisting families seeking to obtain, extend or retain lawful immigration status or citizenship in the United State.
Consultation / Preparation
- Immigration consultation
- Consultation for unaccompanied minors
- Naturalization/Citizenship Application Preparation / Instruction
- Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) Application Preparation / Orientation
- Applications for Citizenship
- Trafficking, crime victim, and domestic violence-based immigration applications
- Inadmissibility waiver applications
- Cancellation of removal
- Adjustment of status
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Family-based petitions