The Center for Civic Innovation is proud to host the 2023 Good Trouble Honors to celebrate Atlanta’s community of good troublemakers.
This event honors incredible community leaders, entrepreneurs and movement builders who are making a difference in Atlanta by making Good Trouble! Amani Women Center Team is thrilled to be honored at the Center for Civic Innovation’s Good Trouble Awards on Tues, 12/12 from 6-10 PM at The Eastern in East Atlanta Village. This black-tie gala.
* We invite you to join some of the city’s brightest stars for an evening of inspiration and entertainment. Purchase tickets @ Center for Civic Innovation’s Good Trouble Awards
Amani Women Center (AWC) provides culturally tailored programs and services that empower and contribute to the economic security, spiritual, mental, and physical well-being of refugees and immigrant women.
PROGRAMS - WHAT WE DO
• The Amani Sewing Academy-ASA (workforce development and job placement). A holistic approach that includes life skills training, women empowerment, survivors & victims services, financial literacy, civic engagement, & our unique ESL buddy project.
• The Healthy Families Program-HFP (health equity, FGM/C resources, mental health, counseling, domestic violence prevention, sexual assault advocacy, human and social services, emergency assistance & general community support services.
• The Amani Community Ambassadors Leadership Program-ACALP (translation & interpretation, research, community health education, immigration services, community outreach, advocacy, mobilization, navigation, promotion, and canvassing).
AWC daily walk-in services include screening applications for public assistance - SNAP, TANF, CAPS, MEDICAID, LIHEAP - Energy Assistance, Rental Assistance, Immigration resources and various community support services and referrals.
AWC'S FGM/C INITIATIVE
Necklace made by Refugee Women @ Amani Women Center, (AWC) - Clarkston Ga
The delicate trade bead necklace is the newest addition to the SOS Initiative product line. AWC's Save Our Sisters Initiative seeks to secure critical medical care for refugee women suffering from serious health problems cause by Female Genital Cutting (FGC)
Make A Difference - IMPACT LIVES!
- Covid-19 Related Emergency and Family Support
- Utility & Rental Assistance - Apply
- Human & Social Services (Public Assistance) - Apply
- Immigration Assistance / Referral Services
- Financial Literacy & Civic Literacy
- Digital Divide - Computer Literacy