Who We Are
Amani Women Center provides culturally tailored programs and services that empower and contribute to the economic security, and spiritual, mental, and physical well-being of refugee and immigrant women.
What We Do
• The Amani Sewing Academy (workforce development and job placement).
• The Healthy Families Program (health equity, FGM/C resources, mental health, counseling, domestic violence & sexual assault prevention, advocacy, human and social services assistance & support).
• The Amani Community Ambassadors Leadership Program (translation, interpretation, research, community health education, navigation, advocacy, outreach, mobilization, and canvassing).
AWC Services include screening applications for public benefits (SNAP, TANF, CAPS, MEDICAID, LIHEAP, Immigration resource, rental assistance, financial and digital literacy, civic engagement, and AWC ESL buddy program.
AWC WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Amani Women Center’s (AWC) workforce development and small-scale manufacturing arm is experiencing remarkable growth as socially responsible companies seek to partner with the organization for its exceptional production of upcycle and ethically produced goods.
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN (SOS)
Amani’s Save Our Sisters (SOS) initiative seeks to secure medical care for refugee women in Clarkston, GA suffering from serious health problems caused by Female Genital Cutting (FGC).
By purchasing our cloth button items (necklaces, bookmarks, hair clips and pins, magnets), proudly handcrafted by refugee women at the Amani Sewing Academy, you are helping refugee women access life-changing medical services, including restorative surgery. Each item is one of a kind and will therefore vary from the pictures. We also custom-make memorial necklaces from loved ones’ neckties. (Please supply us with at least three neckties and we can create up to four necklaces.
100% of the net proceeds go toward supporting this urgent campaign.
Make A Difference IMPACT LIVES!
- Covid-19 Related Emergency and Family Support
- Utility & Rental Assistance - Apply
- Human & Social Services (Public Assistance) - Apply
- Immigration Assistance / Referral Services
- Financial Literacy & Civic Literacy
- Digital Divide - Computer Literacy